Sunday, July 03, 2016

Thurber House: Day Fourteen (It Takes a Long Time to Become Young)

Fourteen Days! I have been here fourteen full days (and fifteen nights)! Can you believe it?

I am 7,940 words into the new manuscript. My beta readers are starting to report back positively on the manuscript I completed last week. I've taught children at the Thurber Center and in community programs around Columbus. I have walked all over downtown. I have binge watched two seasons of Game of Thrones (and will watch the season six finale later tonight so I'll be caught up with the rest of you). I have eaten some tremendous food and drank some amazing beer. I have entertained houseguests.

And today, I went to the Columbus Museum of Art and saw the exhibit, Picasso: The Great War, Experimentation and Change.

Oh, and I wore a funny hat and took my picture against a Cubist background.

"It takes a long time to become young." -- Pablo Picasso

No comments: