Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Fairwell, 2014: Welcome 2015

What a year 2014 was!

Definitely a very, very pivotal year for me. My very first novel, Frostborn,was published in August. Then, in September,  I took off the editor hat that I have worn for 14 years and exchanged it for that of a full time author. I went on my very first book tour, designed two more board games and a card game for the Thrones and Bones series, and wrote Nightborn, (and started plotting book 3).

Also, what a year it's been for Frostborn. Just look:

Staff Pick:

Book Shop Santa Cruz
Books Inc.
Eagle Harbor Book Co.
King's English Bookshop
Mockingbird Books
Politics and Prose
Powell's
Queen's Library
The Waucoma Bookstore
Word Bookstores

Starred Review: Publisher's Weekly

PW Picks: Books of the Week selection for the week of August 4th.
Editor's Choice of Amazon for the month of August
io9's list of "Must-Read Science Fiction And Fantasy Books For August."
Tween Us: "5 books tweens will love that make great gifts."
Aleksandra's Corner: Tied for 1st Place in "Top 10 of 2014: Best Books I've Read in 2014!"
The Thousand Lives of John Zeleznik: 1 of 5 top reads (out of 63).
Joseph Mallozzi's Weblog: Best Books of 2014
Children's Atheneum: 1 of 3 Best Action/Adventure Book in "A year in Review 2014"
Amy Plum on Nice Girls Don't Read Naughty Books: 3rd of 3 "Top Books of 2014"
SciFiChick's Best of 2014: 1 of 5 best "YA Fantasy"

I'm excited for everything in store for 2015, but this is a year I'll always remember.  Thank you to everyone who helped make it what it was.

No comments: