Monday, April 01, 2013


The Burning Bridge
is the second book in John Flanagan's Ranger's Apprentice series, following the adventures of a young boy named Will who is apprenticed to the most famous ranger in his kingdom. My son and my nephew both love this series, and it's easy to see why. They are fun, fast-paced, heartfelt, light adventure tales of heroism in a low-magic world. The Burning Bridge doesn't seem to pack as much in as the previous novel, The Ruins of Gorlan,did but there were moments of genuine tension and the ending I did not see coming. Flanagan's tendency to hop in and out of the heads of minor characters still drives me nuts, but not so much that I'm not in for more. I'm looking forward to starting The Icebound Landsoon. Recommended to middle readers and those adults who want a series they can share with their kids.

No comments: